Le Boat Competition
- 1.1. Participation in this Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Rules”).
- 1.2. Participants are encouraged to review the Rules before entering into the Competition and acknowledge that they have been given an appropriate opportunity to do so and that they understand and accept these Rules.
- 1.3. This competition is operated by The Social Mix in conjunction with Le Boat (the “Promoters”).
- 1.4. The proceeds of this competition will be used towards the funding of the Fête de la Musique event that will take place in June, 2019 in Pretoria.
- 1.5. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Rules and Participants agree to abide by these Rules.
- By participating in this
Competition, Participants agree to the rules set out below.
The following people shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition:
- 2.1. Directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of the Promoters.
- 2.2. Spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the persons specified above.
- The Competition shall commence on 11 April 2019 and will end on 14 July 2019. No entries received after 13 July 2019 will be considered.
To participate in this Competition, Participants must adhere to the following:
- 4.1. Participants must purchase an on-line ticket through SnapScan during the promotional period and fill in their contact details
Participants may enter the competition as many times as they wish over the
promotional period, provided that Participants purchase the participating
products each time and complete the competition entry and enter a new unique
code, subject to the following conditions:
- 4.4.1. All entries from disqualified participants’ mobile numbers will be rejected;
- 4.4.2. No computer-based entries will be accepted;
- 4.5. Blocked Participants have an opportunity to call The Social Mix on 082 854 6854 between 09h00 – 16h30 Monday to Friday should there be a valid reason, which is accepted by the Promoter, for the Blocked Participants to be allowed to enter the Competition.
- 4.6. Participants must enter on a phone that is owned and registered to that person. No other person can use another person’s phone for Competition entry purposes. If it is discovered that participants have entered on a phone that is not registered to them they will be disqualified and the participant will be requested to refund the prizes to promoter.
- 4.7. The cellphone number is key to all entries, if the participant has won on a particular cellphone number, then they cannot use another number in order to be contacted further. The number with which each participant enters the Competition needs to be a number that is contactable during office hours.
- The Prize:
- 5.4.1. Winner will be determined by random draw and will be contacted on close of the competition as stated in point 3.
At the time that a potential prize winner is identified, the potential prize
winner will receive a telephone call from a representative of The Social Mix at
which point he / she will be required to provide his / her ID and / or driver’s
license to The Social Mix representative.
- 5.4.3. The prize winner will also be required to provide a copy of a valid e-ticket as proof of purchase of the participating products within the promotional period.
- 5.4.4. Potential prize winners will have 48 hours to produce the relevant documentation failing which the Participant shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
GRAND PRIZE: Boat trip in France
- 5.5.1. There is 1 trip for the winner and their family or friends to be won (the maximum capacity of the boat is 6 people, this does not differentiate on the basis of age). The prize does not include: flights and or transfer travel costs to and from the “le Boat “boat and departure location. Further note that the price does not include any meal/s or contribution to same, travel insurance, taxes and porterage. The prize excludes passport and Visa requirements where necessary, health requirements where necessary, optional excursions (unless specified otherwise), all items of personal nature, gratuities, meals and beverages other than specified, and any other items not noted in the inclusions. All spending money is for the winner’s own account and no cash will be handed over to the winner. The prize is redeemable for a period of 1 year after the prize is awarded to the eligible winner (the “travel period”). The prize winner may select any date of travel during the travel period (except dates falling within the blackout/high season from July and August). Trips cannot be booked over the aforesaid blackout/high season period. All travel is subject to availability at the time of booking.
- 5.5.2. The prize is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- 5.5.3. Winners must have a valid ID/Passport and/or driver’s license. In addition, the prize winner and travel partners must have valid South African passports and will be required to meet the relevant VISA application criteria. The prize winner will be responsible for obtaining the necessary European VISA and other travel documentation at their own expense. The prize winner will be required to sign a waiver of liability and indemnity before claiming his/her prize.
- 5.5.4. In the event that a prize winner does not have a passport and/or fails to meet the VISA application criteria, then the prize winner will forfeit the prize.
- 5.5.5. The draw for the grand prize will take place in the week of 22 July 2019
- 5.5.6. If a participant’s name is drawn, the potential prize winner will receive a telephone call from a representative of the Promoters at which point he/she may be required to answer a few questions regarding his/her eligibility as well as be requested to submit certain documents such as proof of e-ticket and a copy of his/her ID and/or driver’s license to the Promoters representative.
- 5.5.7. The potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his/her submission is validated and his/her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoters. If a potential prize winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, the prize will be forfeited and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- 6.1. If the Promoters are unable to reach any of the potential prize winners after 3 (three) attempts made within 2 (two) working days of their name being drawn or if the potential prize winner fails to submit any requested information or documentation with 48 hours of he/she being requested, for whatsoever reason, including incorrect telephone numbers or inoperative telephone numbers, such winner will be disqualified and a runner up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- 6.2. Details of delivery will be communicated to the eligible winner once the representative of the Promoters has confirmed that the information in the above mentioned telephonic conversation is deemed correct.
- 6.3. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 6.4. The Promoters may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these Rules. Should a winner be found not to have complied with these Rules, he/she will automatically be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. Winners may also be required to sign acceptance of prizes and indemnity documents.
- 6.5. The prizes are not transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption of prizes is permitted. A prize will not be handed/awarded to a third party, but only to the verified prize winner.
- 6.6. The Promoters reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute the prizes with any other prizes of comparable or greater commercial value for whatever reason.
- 6.7. By entering this Competition you authorize the Promoters to collect, store and use (not share) personal information of Participants for communication or statistical purposes. You are entitled to decline any marketing communication by unsubscribing on any marketing emails and or sms’s. Any personal data submitted by you will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation.
- 6.8. Participants may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. Participants shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. Participants that take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoters.
- 6.9. Nothing in these Rules is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoters in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”).
- 6.10. All Participants participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these Rules, each Participant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoters, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any of the Promoters.
- 6.11. The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors accept no responsibility and they will not, in any circumstances, be liable to compensate the Participants, or accept any liability for: (a) any inability by any winner to use their prize in part or at all; (b) the lack of quality or any other aspect of any service which is or should be provided at any venue(s) in relation to the prize; or (c) any personal loss or injury occurring at any venue(s) arising, directly or indirectly, out of the use of the prize.
- 6.12. The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any person other than the Promoters themselves.
- 6.13. The Promoters reserve the right to terminate or extend the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination or extension, all Participants agree to waive (give up) any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- 6.14. By entering the Competition, Participants acknowledge that the Promotion will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize to the Participant. Should any Participant refuse or be unable to comply with this requirement, the Participant shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
- 6.15. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Rules, the Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone suspend or cancel this Competition, the Rules and any prize (which has not yet been allocated), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters deem necessary. At the end of the Competition for whatsoever reason, all of the Promoters’ obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall cease to exist.
- 6.16. These Rules shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any Participant and The Social Mix consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa.
- 6.17. For further information or enquiries please email our consumer services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 082 854 6854 Calls will be charged by your cellular network service provider.